Center for Brain Recovery
At Hanley Center, we provide distinct, effective interventions that help heal the brain on a cellular level. Developed by expert clinicians, programming through our Center for Brain Recovery (CBR) includes advanced psychological testing and review, as well as evidence-based interventions to ensure brain health.
CBR’s methodology incorporates principles from the related disciplines of health psychology and psychoneuroimmunology (PNI). These fields recognize that human beings are not separate sets of independent parts (heart, lung, brain, etc.), but rather an incredible system made up of smaller, interdependent systems. Each of these systems is impacted by the rest, and though it often goes unnoticed, the brain is a key player in this process. Since our brain oversees and regulates the rest of the body, brain health impacts every system involved in physical health.
For people with addiction, this focus on brain health and wellness can be critical to the restoration of body, mind, and spirit. Through a range of carefully selected techniques, we help our patients discover a strong foundation for lifelong sobriety.
Addiction and Mental Health Treatment with CBR
When an individual suffers from addiction, each area of brain health becomes compromised. Feelings tend to be centered on shame, anger, and fear. Thoughts become self-destructive rather than self-affirming. Physical health is often neglected. Spiritual connection is often lost or, for some, was never a conscious part of life.
The CBR team works to uncover specific factors that influence addiction – such as:
- Unhealthy coping mechanisms
- Poor nutrition
- Lack of purpose
- Low self-esteem
- Negative self-talk
- High impulsivity
- “Dual diagnoses” disorders
CBR: What to Expect
During treatment, every patient works with CBR to address mental health symptoms or co-occurring disorders that complicate addiction. With the direction of a licensed psychologist, our team of trained Brain Recovery specialists offers a variety of services and experiential therapy activities that are tailored to meet each patient’s unique needs. We integrate evidence-based CBR treatments into all of our residential and intensive outpatient programs. Services are also available in group and individual sessions during the treatment stay.
CBR’s therapies and services include:
- Advanced psychological testing and review
- MBMD (Millon Behavioral Medicine Diagnostic)
- PEPQ (PsychEval Personality Questionnaire)
- CNSVS (Central Nervous System Vital Signs)
- MMPI-2 (Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-2)
- ANAM (Automated Neuropsychological Assessment Metrics)
- BioAcoustical Utilization device (BAUD)
- Muse EEG
- Emotiv Epoc+ EEG
- Meditation and mindfulness training
- Individual and group psychotherapy
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- “Sleep Naturally” Program
Each patient receives a personalized suite of treatments designed to address their specific lifestyle, background, experience with addiction, mental health symptoms, and health history. CBR’s treatment plans can be modified and customized to create effective interventions for a range of concerns.
- Stress and anxiety management through biofeedback
- Neurofeedback to guide and retrain the brain
- “Sleep naturally” protocols to help patients regulate healthy sleeping patterns
- Neurotherapy for anxiety, depression, pain, smoking cessation, and negative thoughts or behaviors
- Self-esteem work through cognitive behavioral therapies
- Improved awareness and cognition through meditation programming, such as progressive muscle relaxation, mindfulness training, and guided imagery meditation
Contact Hanley Center
We are dedicated to helping our patients achieve lifelong, sustainable, and complete recovery. We know that sobriety is possible for everyone, especially through evidence-based techniques that restore mental, physical, and spiritual health. Our Center for Brain Recovery provides effective, cutting-edge care that enacts real, lasting change for our patients.
Today is the day you break the cycle of addiction.
Hanley Center: Most Insurance Accepted
Aetna, UnitedHealthCare, Beacon
Get In Touch
Address: 933 45th Street
West Palm Beach, FL 33407
Follow Us On: