Spiritual Care Services
At Hanley Center, we understand the disease of addiction and the impact it has on your body, mind, and spirit. Our holistic model of care supports the integration of these three pillars.
As part of our commitment to spiritual care, Hanley Center Chaplains are available to provide spiritual support to all individuals, regardless of personal faith, religious practices, or cultural traditions.
Our Spiritual Approach to Recovery
We will offer you an opportunity to meet with a spiritual care professional early on in your treatment. This trained professional will provide support and guidance as you assess current life issues. Underlying spiritual conflicts or needs that may be contributing to the use of alcohol, drugs, or mental health disorders will be discussed.
It is not necessary to be affiliated with a particular religion to receive Spiritual Care Services through Hanley Center as Origins. Nor is a religious affiliation needed to find balance and inner peace. Through an exploration of spirituality, those who suffer from substance use disorders are reminded that they are not alone.
There are loving forces greater than themselves that can positively influence their recovery and sobriety.
We may include personalized spiritual support in your treatment plan in partnership with your primary counselor and the Hanley Center treatment team. Individual counseling sessions, group activities, spiritual events, and personal interactive experiences can help you achieve the spiritual healing and wholeness you seek.
We may also encourage you to attend regular meetings with our full-time Chaplain to nurture your recovery.
What Our Hanley Center Chaplain Does
Our Chaplain supports all patients, their families, and staff members in addressing the complex spiritual needs that can impact recovery from addictions and co-occurring disorders. These needs can include supporting you to find a desire for meaning in your life, relationship healing, or an enhanced sense of self-worth and confidence.
Whenever you or your loved ones experience feelings of loss and grief, you may require extra emotional and spiritual care and support during the treatment process. Or, if you have concerns related to your faith, you can always call our Chaplain.
Chaplains can help if you:
- Are grieving
- Would like to know more about spirituality and recovery
- Wish to seek spiritual and ethical guidance
- Feel frustrated by the disease process
- Notice that treatment has raised important life questions
- Have several “why” questions
- Recognize religious, spiritual, or cultural considerations affecting your treatment
- See that life has taken on new possibilities
- Desire additional support
What We Believe About Spirituality and Addiction
At Hanley Center, we believe that spirituality and spiritual care is a way of life that extends beyond the boundaries of religion. Spirituality is defined as a sense of hope, self-worth, and purpose in life, all of which positively influence a person’s quality of life and well-being.
Spirituality, Addiction, and Recovery
There are direct connections between spirituality and addiction, and we can help you tap into your spirituality as a source of healing. We provide services and spiritual resources designed to promote peace of mind, restore damaged relationships, and foster relationships on the road to recovery.
A comforting presence and unconditional love are the focus of this ministry, which seeks to nurture peace and the person’s well-being. During spiritual counseling and activities, you’ll understand how addiction affects the quality of your relationships and daily life.
The Role of Spirituality in Recovery
Growing evidence suggests that spiritual practices not only help people find meaning and purpose in their lives, but they can also improve people’s physical, mental, and emotional health and well-being.
Practicing spirituality regularly can:
- Help you become more compassionate and mindful: The contemplative practices of meditation, gratitude, devotional rituals, and yoga can help you gain a deeper understanding of yourself and others. In addition, these practices can help you to appreciate and reflect on the little pleasures that life has to offer.
- Enhance your sense of connection: Spiritual communities, such as faith-based organizations, meditation groups, or yoga classes, provide opportunities to connect with others. This creates a sense of belonging, security, and community. You can build meaningful and lasting friendships within your spiritual community since members share similar values.
- Provide guidelines for living a healthier lifestyle: Many spiritual traditions emphasize the importance of treating the body with respect and kindness. This includes avoiding potentially harmful behaviors, such as certain foods, excessive alcohol consumption, or smoking. You are more likely to maintain healthy lifestyle choices when connecting these practices with more significant spiritual meaning.
- Give you inspiration for working through negative emotions: Several spiritual traditions stress the importance of letting go of negative emotions, including blame, anger, frustration, and jealousy. Despite their inevitable nature, these feelings can negatively affect moods and overall health. Managing them can have positive effects on your mental and physical health. Reduced negative emotions can result in people living longer and having a better functioning immune system, lower blood pressure, and cardiovascular health.
- Assist you in overcoming hardship: By establishing a spiritual framework, you can better understand and cope with the ups and downs of life and find meaning and growth along the way. As a result of understanding the universal nature of suffering and pain, you can accept that hardships are a natural part of living.
Contact Hanley Center
We are dedicated to helping our patients achieve lifelong, sustainable, and complete recovery. We know that sobriety is possible for everyone, especially through evidence-based techniques that restore mental, physical, and spiritual health. Our Center for Brain Recovery provides effective, cutting-edge care that enacts real, lasting change for our patients.
Today is the day you break the cycle of addiction.
Hanley Center: Most Insurance Accepted
Get In Touch
Address: 933 45th Street
West Palm Beach, FL 33407