Intensive Outpatient Program
No matter what your unique circumstances, Hanley Center’s team knows that recovery is possible. Intensive outpatient programming (IOP) can provide a supportive and flexible environment that takes a person’s work and home life into account. Conducted on our campus in West Palm Beach, FL, our IOP is an six-week program that provides comprehensive treatment for people suffering from addiction and co-occurring disorders.
This Intensive Outpatient Program addresses the same concerns as inpatient treatment while allowing patients and their families to continue everyday life. It is ideally suited for people who do not require residential treatment or are returning home after a residential treatment stay.
Counselors Dedicated to Your Care
During their time in Hanley Center’s IOP, each patient is assigned a primary counselor that will facilitate the entire medical, psychological, psychiatric, social, family, and spiritual assessment process. These compassionate counselors work directly with our patients through the course of their treatment in various groups and weekly individual sessions. Each patient will attend and participate in three evenings of intensive therapeutic and psycho-educational groups.
Features of Our Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program:
- Individual therapy once per week
- 24 group sessions where patients can expand their support system
- Group topics include therapy, psychoeducation, and 12-Step facilitation sessions
- Random urine drug screens (“UAs”)
- Continuing care and discharge planning
Topics covered in groups and individual therapy borrow heavily from dialectical behavioral therapy techniques, and include:
- Distress tolerance, emotional regulation, and interpersonal effectiveness
- Facing challenges in early recovery
- Family dynamics
- Mindfulness practice
- Healthy relationships
- Sleep hygiene protocol
- Setting and maintaining boundaries
- Relapse prevention/recovery protection
- 12-Step wisdom
- Coping with stress, grief, and loss
Our Intensive Outpatient Program is designed to support long term recovery. Like our other programs, the mission of Hanley Center’s IOP is to provide a clear path to a life of healing and restoration. Treatment plans within this setting encourage:
- Development of self-discipline and personal responsibility
- Support for active engagement in 12-Step recovery
- A focus on being productively occupied
- Improved relationship and communication skills
- Enhanced spirituality
- Refining problem-solving skills
- Replacement of self-defeating thinking and patterns of behavior
Who Is Appropriate for Hanley’s IOP?
Many of our patients in IOP have attended Hanley Center’s residential treatment program. Our IOP program is appropriate for individuals stepping down from a higher level of care, and for those who need help with addiction but have been determined to be safe to first try treatment at this level of care. At this level of care, we expect patients to be off of detox medications, medically and psychiatrically stable, and in an action stage of change.
Most Insurance Accepted
Get In Touch
Address: 933 45th Street, West Palm Beach, FL 33407
Follow Us On: